RFP Response Writer - Remote
Archer is a leading Critical Infrastructure Protection Consulting services provider, continuously expanding and strengthening our presence in the United States and Canada. We seek a talented and detail-oriented RFP (Request for Proposal) Response Writer to join our dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of crafting compelling and winning responses to RFPs, RFIs (Request for Information), and RFQs (Request for Quotation). As an RFP Response Writer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our organization’s success by articulating our value propositions, capabilities, and solutions in response to client requirements.
Position and Project Overview
As an RFP Response Writer, you’ll be responsible for interpreting client requirements, collaborating with subject matter experts, and creating well-structured and accurate proposal responses. The successful candidate will be crucial in driving business growth by effectively responding to RFPs on time and contributing to the organization’s overall success.
This is a remote, full-time role with little to no travel required.
Key Responsibilities and Required Qualifications
§ Proposal Interpretation:
- Analyze and understand utilities’ RFP, RFI, and RFQ requirements to develop targeted and customized responses.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather technical details and insights.
§ Content Development:
- Craft persuasive, clear written responses that effectively address client needs and showcase Archer’s strengths.
- Develop compelling executive summaries, solution narratives, and other response sections as required.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, technical experts, and leadership, to gather relevant response information.
- Participate in weekly review meetings and incorporate feedback to enhance response quality.
§ Quality Assurance:
- Conduct thorough reviews of response documents to ensure accuracy, coherence, and compliance with client requirements.
- Collaborate with manager(s) to obtain necessary approvals prior to submission.
§ Deadline Management:
- Manage multiple RFP responses concurrently, adhering to strict submission timelines.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure the timely completion of all required components.
§ Knowledge Management:
- Maintain a library of standardized response content, templates, and best practices and ensure document layouts align with the Solicitations and Archer branding.
- Continuously update the company’s CRM and improve response processes based on feedback and evolving industry standards.
What Your Background Should Look Like
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an RFP Response Writer, Technical Writer, Proposal Writer, or similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with project management and proposal development tools.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and highly organized.
- Experience in regulated industries and/or government contracting.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools for enhancing response documents.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- Experience responding to RFPs in utility, IT, and/or government.
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure and industry-specific terminology and trends.
- Skilled in regulated industries and/or government contracting.
Success requires continued input and a forward-leaning attitude toward process evaluation and improvement.
Compensation and Benefits
§ Compensation range: $58,000 – $75,000 a year (dependent on education and years of experience)
§ 401(k) profit sharing
§ Medical/Dental/Vision/AD&D Life insurance
§ Paid time off
§ Volunteer time off
§ Remote work
Archer is the premier reliability, security, and compliance solutions provider serving critical infrastructure companies throughout North America. Our clients benefit directly from our vast experience and ongoing, deep connections within industry and government. Formally founded in 2014, Archer’s genesis dates to 2001, when our founding Partners crossed paths at a large electric utility in the Pacific Northwest. The electric sector, critical infrastructure, and the world of reliability and security have grown dramatically since then.
Archer offers tailored solutions and strategic guidance to address unique challenges in Industrial Control System environments, providing exceptional services to solve tomorrow’s security and compliance problems today. Our clients benefit directly from our vast experience and ongoing, deep connections within industry and government. We help our clients develop and implement security and reliability solutions, mature regulatory compliance programs, and support technology implementations, ensuring the utmost peace of mind.
Archer is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.